Fermented Foods Study
- Why join?
- It’s free and you do not have to be a current or former American Gut participant to join
- You’ll get your gut microbiome profiled
- What are fermented foods?
- Yogurt, kefir, kimchi, kombucha, miso, sauerkraut, tempeh, pickles, and more
- Have a diet consisting of – or lacking – fermented foods (they need people in both groups!)
- Must be <50 years of age
- Must have a Body Mass Index >19 and < 30
- Must not have taken antibiotics in the last year
- Must have no history of IBD, IBS, or Diabetes
- What you’ll do if you join
- Once a week for a month, swab a used piece of toilet paper after going #2
- Answer a survey with health and lifestyle questions
Email Project Manager Embriette Hyde at email@example.com